[Kroupware] switch from cyrus 2.0.16 to kolab, how ?

Dieter Kluenter dieter at dkluenter.de
Tue Sep 16 11:03:26 CEST 2003

Hi,

Thorsten Luft <tluft at systrade.de> writes:

> Dieter Kluenter wrote:
>> Thorsten Luft <tluft at systrade.de> writes:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>how do i convert my cyrus-2.0.16  installation to kolab ?
>> Which cyrus? cyrus-imap or cyrus-sasl?
>
> cyrus-imapd-2.0.16 to cyrus-imapd-2.1.14 (kolab)
>
> at the moment we use /etc/passwd and want to use ldap in the
> future. So sasl doesnt matter at the moment. Only the user plus
> mailboxes have to be upgraded to the new version.

It is a bit complicated due to the fact that renameing a mailbox
requires changes in other parts of the system. That is, renamemailbox
user.blahbla user.blahbla at domain would not doe the trick.
But you could try to create users in Kolab and than copy their old
mails into the new mailspool. In the book "Managing IMAP"is a tcl
script, that would solve your problem.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Kluenter  | Systemberatung