[Kroupware] kolab/squirrelmail question

Marc Groot Koerkamp marc at its-projects.nl
Mon Sep 1 12:13:33 CEST 2003

Jeroen Baten said:
> Okay,
>
> I am trying to install squirrelmail on a kolab server.
>
> So I found out the folder separater to set in Squirrelmail is a / and not
> a .

Default SquirrelMail detects the folder separator. Probably you set it to
manually and choose '/'as separator. Run conf.pl to change that.

> But when a new user logs in on webmail he/she gets a :
>
> ERROR : Could not complete request.
>  Query: CREATE "INBOX.Sent"
> Reason Given: Permission denied

That happens when you set auto-create special folders to true and you do
not have sufficient rights for creating mailboxes under INBOX.

> When I issue the command from cyradm in lowercase all goes well.
> I would not like to hack squirremail :
>
> ./functions/imap_mailbox.php
>     $read_ary = sqimap_run_command($imap_stream, "CREATE \"$mailbox\"",

There is NO reason at all to hack SquirrelMail. Check the ACL's on your
user.username mailbox. They should be wiplrscd(a)

> So is there a way to make cyrus understand uppercase commands?

Cyradm is nothing more then an interface to cyrus imap. Cyrus is case
insensitive regarding imap commands. Cyradm probably not.

Regards,

Marc Groot Koerkamp
SquirrelMail Development.