[Kroupware] proftpd update error

Thomas Lotterer thl at dev.de.cw.com
Sun Oct 19 21:27:23 CEST 2003

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003, Patrick M. Ammann wrote:

> Hello
>
> After updateing the RPM for proftpd i got an error. I am using
> the rpms for Debian 3.0.
>
> Greetz Patrick
>
> ----------------- updating --------------------
> shell# rpm -Uhv proftpd-1.2.8-200309030.ix86-linux2.4-kol.rpm
                                YYYYMMDD? what a strange number!

> [...]
> --------------- starting -----------------------
> shell# /kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.proftpd start
> /tmp/rc.7023.tmp: rcService: command not found

Patrick,
this proftpd seems to have a post-OPENPKG_1_2_RELEASE rc file. Before
OpenPKG v1.3, use of "opService" was deprecated in favor of "rcService".
See [1] for a example. Either upgrade the OpenPKG bootstrap or downgrade
the application or alter the rc file manually and choose the function
prefix that matches your bootstrap. Note that the OpenPKG v1.3 bootstrap
provides functions with both prefixes for backward compatiblity. As far
as i know, Kolab has not been officially ported to OpenPKG v1.3 so you
might experience other problems if you try.

[1] http://cvs.openpkg.org/filediff?f=openpkg-src/proftpd/rc.proftpd&v1=1.10&v2=1.11

--
Thomas.Lotterer at cw.com, Cable & Wireless