[Kroupware] Kolab WebClient RC1 release

Stuart Bingë datura at mighty.co.za
Fri Oct 3 18:47:58 CEST 2003

The portal page does not currently work - we should have actually
removed it. We didn't work on it at all for this release, so I am not
entirely sure whether the missing functionality is a Horde issue (i.e.
non-working CVS code) or simply a preference storage issue (i.e. we'll
have to write Kolab drivers for storing the preferences, such as the
ldap stuff Lorenzo contributed). Although the functionality of the
portal is not critical to the project, it is a nice feature to have and
I personally feel that it should be in the final release, but it might
have to wait while we fix the more relevant problems.

I'll take a look at the free/busy stuff - there is definitely a bug in
there that we need to fix (currently it looks for the free/busy
information in the file `user at maildomain.vfb', but the KDE client stores
it as `user.vfb'). Moment is however the most unstable component that we
are using (it's the only component we're using that doesn't have a
stable branch), so not every feature is present, and those that are are
not 100% stable - we can probablly expect most of the problems in this
release to be related to it.

- Stuart

--
Stuart Bingë