[Kroupware] Kolab Server + Outlook + Passwords

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Thu Oct 2 17:34:00 CEST 2003

Hi Alexander,

> I'm running Kolab Server with OutlookXP Clients and Connector-Plugin.
> Now a user changes his password using the Kolab Webinterface, so
> far so good :) After changing the password, also die Outlook Mail
> Accounts and die Connector Password have to be updated with the
> new password. But actually I would like to change these passwords
> automatically - so the user only needs to change one item.
>
> Is there any way to do this? Any idea? Maybe using a Samba PDC?

There is no simple solution for this. Each MAPI provider will have to
subscribe to a policy of having a centralized database. Currently only MS
provides this when connecting to an exchange server.

> I don't even know where Outlook keeps the account passwords.

Each MAPI Provider saves the information in the "internal" (0x6600 - 0x67FF)
profile section for that provider. The property ID is different for each
provider and can change form version to version of a specific provider.

Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC
Cell: +27 83 368 8557