[Kroupware] Multi domain and multi alias

Matthieu BENOIST mbenoist at web-m.fr
Thu Oct 2 11:47:29 CEST 2003

Hello,
I modified Kolab tosupport multi domain and multi alias.
I created a new entry in the user object on the ldap : "aliasDomain"
I created a new hugly object in ldap called suppDomain, whith 3 entry : cn, aliasDomain and description
It is the first time I try to use ldap and create something with it and in this object, cn and aliasdomain are the same thing. Hugly !
ex :
cn=mydomain.com
aliasDomain=mydomain.com
description=Domain of blabla

I created an interface in the web interface to create /delete domains, and modify the create/delete user also.
In place of give user at foo.bar for the user mail, we give only user, and we choose the domain in a list.

For the multi alias, I make a simply regular expression who cut the entry. The separator is the space.
ex : the entry is : "info webmaster orange test at foo.bar bug at foo2.bar2 "
the alias info , webmaster and orange work with all the domain, (like info at foo.bar or info at foo2.bar)
but the alias test at foo.bar and bug at foo2.bar work only with the domain after the @ .

Voilà,
For the moment, this modifications works perfecly but if someone is interested by that
or have advices to give me, especially for the ldap,  whom I know in no way.
There is specific plans to manage domaine with ldap ?
Some advices to improve the thing would be very considerable.

All my excuses for my English, I hope that it remains understandable.

Matthieu BENOIST