[Kroupware] Virusscanner

Andreas Ahlenstorf andreas.ahlenstorf at sopic.com
Wed Oct 1 18:30:01 CEST 2003

Hello,

> I'm very muck into implemeting kolab-server in our business. We are using
> McAfee as virusscanner on our clients but I want to have a virusscanner on
> my kolab server too. What should I use, Clam or Sophos? As I understand it
> Clam is opensource and Sophos is not...

There are a lot of different av scanners. The german computer magazine
c't has tested 19 of them. You can find the article here:
http://heise.de/security/artikel/39978. There's an overview, too:
http://heise.de/security/artikel/39978/5. I think, the most important
thing is the Bewertung (assessment) on the bottom of the page.
The assessment is devided in two parts: Erkennungsleistung
(Recognition performance) and Distributionsabhängigkeit (does it
require a special linux distribution or not). There you can decide for
yourself.

A lot of people running Postfix recommend Vexira or McAfee uvscan.

     - Andreas Ahlenstorf