[Kroupware] kolab hangs periodically

Nicolas Huillard nhuillard at ghs.fr
Mon Nov 17 11:38:28 CET 2003

This may be the (dead-)locking problem in imapd. Read my previous post
about that.
When imapd components start to dead-lock mutually, they all eat memory,
and stack up. This could lead to memory exhaustion (even with 2GB,
specially with a large number of users).
Stephan Buys sent me imapd 2.1.15 that I didn't install yet. This WE, I
saw a rush of 6000 mails in a few minutes (bad alerting), that blocked
lmtpd processes and consumed 200MB+ memory. The mailq flushed quickly
and everything was good after a kolab restart.

NH