[Kroupware] pam-ldap

Dieter Kluenter dieter at dkluenter.de
Tue Nov 11 20:36:37 CET 2003

Marc Schumann <marc.schumann at fam-schumann.de> writes:

> hy ,
> I want to use my mailusers created in Kolab as systemusers authenticated via
> pam-ldap. I read in a thread from Dieter kluenter that it is pricipially
> possible. But can anyone help me to install it ( that means I'm not very
> stupid, but i am not a linux crack ... )

It is quite easy, in principle. :-)
With kolab, saslauthd is started with the flag 'ldap', but you may use
the flag 'pam' as well. This requires minimal changes of
/etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/pam.d/imap, in order to use
lib_pam_ldap. Furthermore /etc/ldap.conf (which is NOT identical to
/etc/openldap/ldap.conf) has to be adopted to your system
requirements.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Kluenter  | Systemberatung