[Kroupware] Problem starting apache

smunz at munz-ipn.de smunz at munz-ipn.de
Fri Nov 7 12:39:40 CET 2003

Hi,

im trying to install kolab for test purposes on my notebook. After the installation,
everything seems okay until starting apache. I got the following error message when
apache is started by the kolab start script or on the shell:

bash-2.05b# /kolab/sbin/apachectl start
[Sat Nov  8 19:39:14 2003] [alert] apache: Could not determine the server's fully
qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
/kolab/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

in the error log apache complains "only", that it couldn't "gethostbyname". This is
correct because I don't run a DNS server.

I don't think the mentioned problem stops the startup process of apache, right?
And by the way, what should I use as the server's fully qualified domain name (now
I'm using a fantasy name like "case.home.de", hoping that apache runs on "localhost")

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Stefan

Dipl.-Inf. Stefan Munz