[Kroupware] FreeBSD - imapd problem

Thomas Lotterer thl at dev.de.cw.com
Sat Nov 1 17:24:23 CET 2003

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003, Michael wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Does someone installing kolab on FreeBSD 4.7 / 5.1 successfully?
>
> I have problems building imapd on FreeBSD. I've searched about this
> problem in the mailing list, but I'm found nothing appropriate.
> I know there are problems with the 'hostname' and the 'fgetgrent'
> function in the 'groupfile.patch'.
>
> Does anyone have a detailed installation instruction to solve these
> problems?

Grag,
Kolab requires a patch which introduces use of fgetgrent(3) from
within groupfile.patch. This function is trivial but does not exists
on FreeBSD. The OpenPKG project has integrated this patch into
the CURRENT development branch including a port to FreeBSD, see
http://cvs.openpkg.org/chngview?cn=12796. Note that OpenPKG calls
the option which activates the patch "with_group" which is slightly
different from the Kolab release. Download and use imapd-2.1.15-20031014
or later SRPM from ftp://ftp.openpkg.org/current/SRC/ and this problem
will vanish.

There are more issues porting Kolab to FreeBSD, the two most prominent
are the use of a non-existent "-f" option in kolab executable and
kolab_bootstrap and kolab executables syntactically wrong use of
"root.root" in chown(8).

Put something like this into your kolab.spec's %prep section and this
will go away, too.

%prep
    [...]
    %{l_shtool} subst \