[Kroupware] Kolab IMAP -> iCal

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sat May 31 08:27:24 CEST 2003

Am Samstag, 31. Mai 2003 00:27 schrieb Diego Rivera:

Hi,

> On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 15:28, Jason A. Pattie wrote:
> > Conclusion:
> > The privileged user approach is more efficient and better if it can be
> > done securely.
>
> I'm glad you agree that the "privileged user" approach for imap->ical
> fits best.
>
> Legacy mode (which is what this really is, parts of it at least) is not
> required to be secure in the first place.  At least that's what the
> architecture docs say.  I agree that https should be used where
> possible, though.  That's why I like this approach - it fits with the
> existing architecture and design thinking.

In order to gain access to the free busy information no priviledged user is
required. Due to the semi public nature of this data only an authenticated
account is required.

In practice any user using the web interface already has to authenticate
itself in order to read mail. The very same credentials can be used to read
the free/busy lists of _all_ kolab users.

Regards,
-- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de