[Kroupware] Kolab on Gentoo

Dowe, Steve - Cubus steve.dowe at cubus.co.uk
Fri May 30 17:58:17 CEST 2003

Hi there,

As soon as I heard about the Kolab project in general, I was enthused.
Subsequently, I have tried installing rc1 on a Gentoo box, but OpenPKG
cannot identify my init script location. I had read that someone else on
this list has successfully installed Kolab on Gentoo, and was basically
wondering how..? :)

The specific problem is as follows:

I follow the install notes (QIM) by running
# sh ./openpkg-1.2.0-1.2.0.src.sh --prefix=/kolab --user=kolab
--group=kolab 2>&1 | tee kolab.log

...which produces the next binary shell script.  However, when running
that I get this:

# sh ./openpkg-1.2.0-1.2.0.ix86-linux2.4-kol.sh
./openpkg-1.2.0-1.2.0.ix86-linux2.4-kol.sh: installing into /kolab...
WARNING: you are not running one of the supported standard
WARNING: Linux platforms (Debian, RedHat). We are trying
WARNING: to guess the location of the system init scripts!

It then reports that the init script location could not be found, and
stops there (oh for the want of user input at this point).  I inferred
from openpkg's website that the init script location could be set by the
user on the script's execution, but could find no more details on this.

I can confirm that the user kolab was created, plus I created the
symlink from /sbin/init.d to /etc/init.d

My download dir was /tmp/kolab.

Any suggestions gratefully entertained - I'm looking forward to trying
this baby out!

Thanks,

Steve