[Kroupware] interoperability with other clients

Jason A. Pattie pattieja at pcxperience.com
Fri May 30 12:13:49 CEST 2003

Joey Kelly wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am trying to find out if Kolab/Kroupware will interoperate with Evolution
> or Mozilla, or if there are any people working on such interoperability.
>
> Thanks.

:)  Yep.  We're currently in the process of coming up with a web-enabled
interface for pulling the calendar events from the Kolab server for a
particular user and sending the requesting client a built-up iCal file
from those events.  This will work for HTTP(S) enabled calendar clients
(like Mozilla, korganizer in KDE 3.1 or later (without kroupware), and
possibly Apple's iCal).

As far as Evolution is concerned, there is a project called MultiSync on
SourceForge that allows Ximian's Evolution to synchronize its data with
many other devices and even with other copies of Evolution running on
other machines.  We are looking into writing a MultiSync plugin that
will communicate with the web-enabled interface for the calendar events.

--
Jason A. Pattie
pattieja at xperienceinc.com

believed to be clean.