[Kroupware] Kolab iCal <-> IMAP converter

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Fri May 30 03:13:56 CEST 2003

Am Mittwoch, 28. Mai 2003 23:27 schrieb Diego Rivera:

Hi,

> Here's something that just occurred to me (I hope it doesn't cost me my
> newly-found dunce-cap freedom! ) : why not put the calendaring stuff in
> LDAP?

LDAP is by definition incoherent.

> Also, I have a sligthly off-topic question: why was the contact stuff
> put in IMAP instead of LDAP?

We use LDAP already for handling addresses but not for users addressbook.
Basically this is due to the fact that we want to support disconnected mode.

> I'm assuming there was a lot of discussion in the design/architecture
> phases before choosing IMAP.  I'm just curious to know what the
> arguments for/against using Contacts and Calendar in LDAP were, so I may
> factor them into any future thinking.

Did you already have a look at the architecture paper on kroupware.kde.org?

Regards,
-- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de