[Kroupware] alias question

Wim Bakker wim at unetix.nl
Thu May 22 10:21:50 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 15:30, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 20. Mai 2003 20:09 schrieb Dieter Kluenter:
>

> Hi,
>
> > Slapd is the daemon who runs the a local directory server, slurpd is a
> > client who gets notified when an update to slaves is due. As you do
> > not have a slave, as I presume, you should not start slurpd at all,
> > thus no information is given into replog.
>
> With Kolab you always need a runnning slurpd in order to feed the changes
> into the kolab backend.
>

> webinterface - LDAP - slurpd - kolab perl backend.

So the slurpd.replog is a good indication whether the
database of ldap has been correctly updated, otherwise
slurpd wouldn't get notified. So if there are problems
with alias/user accounts in mail , and the replog indicates
changes has been applied , the problem would be in the
kolab backend.

Wim Bakker