[Kroupware] Kolab running at high cpu time and RC2 release date?

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue May 20 19:39:00 CEST 2003

Am Dienstag, 20. Mai 2003 17:21 schrieb Maarten Stolte:

Hi,

> I restarted the kolab server yesterday (with a rc.kolab restart), and
> now is according to top kolab using alot of cpu time:
>
> 96.7  0.4  1133m kolab
>
> What could I look into to fix this?

Simply restart kolab. Nothing else is required. Kolab remains fully
functional.

> I was btw considering reinstalling all of this, but is RC2 anywhere
> near?

We are aware of the problem already but could not figure out what it is beeing
caused by.

The kolab perl script remains fully functional when the perl script goes into
"100% cpu mode".

I guess that there is some issue with the way how perl handles select(). Maybe
there is a difference compared to c and perl tries to abstract from different
operating systems like unix and win32?

Any insight welcome!

Regards,
-- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de