[Kroupware] Re: Questions about Shared Resources & Concurrent Access

konold at erfrakon.de konold at erfrakon.de
Tue May 20 13:52:15 CEST 2003

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Bo Thorsen wrote:

Hi,

> > That's exactly my point : while the Kroupware client might have
> > mechanisms for doing this - what IF they're not using Kroupware?  Say -
> > Outlook over FTP?  That will be a common scenario and I don't see any
> > true way to keep this from happening.
>
> The automatic resource handling must be done with a kmail running. That
> you might have some other common scenario is irrelevant. I would actually
> also prefer to have this done on the server or by a special application,
> but that's not the way we did it.

In order to keep things simple you may simply add a tiny kde installation
o the kolab server and run the KDE kolab client on a virtual X server.

In case you need to change the settings for the kde kolab client you may
uses VNC.

Regards,
-- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569  Stuttgart, Germany
mobil: 0175 4148693
fax: 0175 13 4148693
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de