[Kroupware] Re: KDE client crashes with DCOP communication error

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Mon May 19 17:23:10 CEST 2003

On Monday 19 May 2003 16:14, Wim Bakker wrote:

> > > Hai,
> > > oke , would it still be helpfull if I recompiled the rc2 with
> > > --enable-debug=full , or shall I wait till rc3?
> >
> > You can wait for rc3, or compile it from cvs. I'm fairly happy with the
> > current state of cvs again, after too much development and some serious
> > bugs, but I still need to test it quite a lot, and there are a couple of
> > more things I must implement.
> >
> > Bo.
>
> Hai,
>
> I compiled the kdenetwork-kroupware package with --enable-debug=full
> freshly from cvs, and I get the same error. Below is the backtrace:
> ---------
> [New Thread 1097388800 (LWP 31897)]
> 0xffffe002 in ?? ()
> #0  0xffffe002 in ?? ()
> #1  0x40ad90fd in KCrash::defaultCrashHandler(int) ()
>    from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4
> #2  <signal handler called>
> #3  0x44302b2d in KOGroupware::notes() const ()
>    from /usr/lib/libkorganizer.so.1

Hi Wim.

The crash is actually in kdepim, and I'm 99% sure a fix I committed to CVS
some time ago fixes your problem. I suggest that you dont spend more time on
it, and either fetch a copy from CVS or wait for rc3.

regards
--
Steffen Hansen, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
email: steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
web: http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se