[Kroupware] Client installation

Dick Kniep D.J.Kniep at chello.nl
Wed May 14 01:32:18 CEST 2003

Hi Bernhard,

Thnx for the help. We think the problem is in another corner.

We are using Slackware as a distribution. However this distribution does
NOT include the LDAP IO-slave for KDE. Thus, if you use a standalone
LDAP client that includes the necessary code (LDAPsearch), it works on
the client. This proves that the server is configured correctly.
However, if you actually try to use KAddressbook, it does not find the
proper IO slave, and therefore does NOT display the search button.

We will install the LDAP coding and recompile KDE-base. After that, we
will recompile KDEpim, and then (keep our fingers crossed) it should
work.

So anyone using Slackware. BEWARE, You have to install the LDAP IO
Slave!!

Kind regards,
Dick Kniep