[Kroupware] Kroupware RFC (follow-up)

Stephan Buys kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:13:25 +0200

Ok. I am going to assume that "no news is good news"
Thanks for the feedback Bo.

Does everyone agree about the RFC mentioned below in the Kolab TODO
section? I proposed the name "Groupware IMAP Folders". As far as I can
tell this is the interesting part of Kolab that is not properly documented
in an RFC.

Any suggestions, objections, wake-up calls welcome! ;-)

Regards,
Stephan Buys

-------------

Summary of components as it stands, any feedback welcome:

Kolab Server:

    POP3, LDAP                Various RFCs

    IMAP                         RFC 2060

    IMAP URL Scheme        RFC 2192

    Disconnected IMAP      http://imap.org/papers/docs/disc.html
                                   http://imap.org/papers/docs/disc-status.html

    Sieve                        RFC 3028

       Vacation funtionality

Kolab Client:

     MIME         RFC 2045, 2046

     iCalendar    RFC 2445

     iTIP           RFC 2446

        Scheduling Events, BusyTime, To-dos and Journal Entries

Kolab TODO:

    Calendar Attributes for vCard and LDAP (RFC 2739)

    Groupware IMAP Folders (Proposed RFC to describe the process used by
    Kolab and Bynari)

Recommended Reading:

    RFC 3283 - Guide to Internet Calendaring

    CAP (Calendar Access Protocol) - This is a work in progress. See the
    IETF calsch working group.