[Kroupware] about the QIM

Wim Bakker kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:22:58 +0100

On Wednesday 19 March 2003 19:18, JES wrote:
> Hello,
> From the QIM, I execute :
> 2. as normal user execute
> sh ./openpkg-1.2.0-1.2.0.src.sh --prefix=/kolab --user=kolab --group=kolab
> 2>&1 | tee > kolab.log
>
> But I used /opt/kolab as a prefix. Can't I use another prefix ? It's
> because the next step sh ./openpkg-1.2.0-1.2.0.ix86-linux2.4-kol.sh fails
> with : openpkg:WARNING: skipping creation of system run-command hooks
> openpkg:WARNING: (would require root-priviledges)
> openpkg:WARNING: skipping creation of system cron hooks
> openpkg:WARNING: (would require root-priviledges)
> mkdir: cannot create directory `/kolab': Toegang geweigerd (<-- =
> permission denied)
>
> So, I make a symbolic link and I continue...
> Since I'm on a semi-production environment, I don't want to execute
> programs as user root, without knowing what's exactly happening. So I run
> it as a user.
> It would be nice if the QIM (or the script) would say what I should do
> manually if I don't run it as root.
>
> Regards,
> Edwin
You make it yourself very difficult this way , why not take a non-production
testmachine, as it will serve only as test a pentium 66 with 32Mb will do.
Anyways , to start the environment , you will have to do it as root anyway
or start with usermode linux a second instance of linux on which you run
the whole shebang.
WB