[Kroupware] Bynari connector

Wim Bakker kroupware@mail.kde.org
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 20:05:37 +0100

On Monday 17 March 2003 16:35, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Monday 17 March 2003 15:32, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > On Monday 17 March 2003 15:02, Wim Bakker wrote:
> > > Seems InsightConnector is not compatible
> > > with kolab. I tried it out on outlook 2000
> > > and I get the following error message:
> > >
> > > -----------------
> > > Could not connect to the server
> > > Winsock cleanup
> > > TLS/SSL failure for <ip-address> : invalid token probably not an SSL
> > > server. -------------------
> > >
> > > Anybody had any luck with the InsightConnector?
> >
> > It works here and in several installations without problems.
> > Note that you also need a recent IE and undelying OS
> > to have the right libraries.
>
> Note: It is not absolutely know which versions of Windows
> and IE will have the right combinations.
> Our reference platform here is NT4sp6 + various security patches.
> IE5.5 OL2000 German.

Hai,

I tried a fresh install and after some fiddling with some settings
in outlook 2000 (On windows ME, I had to define in some more
fields in outlook to use tls, the initial error came from bynari)
I got outlook communicating with kolab (I really like the linux
kde client a lot more , how can people ever cope with outlook
the moment one deviates from what microsoft thinks is a good idea
how to configure it, it becomes incredibly user unfriendly).
I can't connect to the ldap server though , it gives me a
"MAPI_E_CALL_ERROR" , any hints??
Is it possible to have outlook find the shared folders too?

TIA
Wim Bakker