[Kroupware] Kroupware - Where to next?

Stephan Buys kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 17:15:48 +0200

Hi all,

Could the "Official" Kroupware companies maybe give us some indication
of what the next phase of Kroupware will entail? I think Kroupware has a
_lot_ of potential as a Open Source project but there are some things
missing and I dont want to interfere with the official contracted process.
Is it Kroupware's destiny to be "let loose" or will it remain part of a mostly
inter-company process?

Some of the things I feel Kroupware needs to take it to the next level:
1) A Soureforge/GNU Sahara/GForge project page.
	- This will give us access to bug tracking, documentation and
	feature request pages.
	- Easy to find CVS and binary download pages.

2) A knowledge base
	- HOWTO Admin, Install, Use...

3) Formalisation
	- Transform key components of Kroupware whitpaper into RFC
	(got some feedback on this already)

This is not meant as a critisism of the current systems, I think that Kroupware
is great. But as it grows (and I think it is intended to) the requirements will grow
with it.

Regards,
Stephan Buys