[Kroupware] Kroupware RFC

Helge Hess kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 11:15:24 +0100

Stephan Buys wrote:
>>>I think what Stephan is proposing is to make a real RFC out of the part
>>>that describes the storing of iCalendar files in emails.
>>
>>Isn't RFC 2447 about storing iCalendar in emails?
>
> What I am suggesting is formalising the method of storing "iCalendar in emails",
> as mentioned by you, in IMAP. RFC2447 takes care of the first part, but not
> a standard whereby the client can find Calendar information, Notes and Contacts
> in IMAP.

Good question. How does a client know whether a folder is a contact
folder, a calendar or a task folder (aka the Outlook folder class) ?
Is it possible to discover that using some IMAP4 command ?

Is this hardcoded in in the Outlook plugin to some fixed folder name ?

I have another question: if you have shared (eg calendar) folder, how do
you manage concurrent write access (eg someone moving a group meeting) ?

regards,
   Helge