Re[2]: [Kroupware] start-problems with kolab on SuSE 8.1

Andreas Ahlenstorf kroupware@mail.kde.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 20:36:58 +0100

Hello Bernhard,

> That seem to be bugs in the setup.
> Unfortunately we cannot test and support all variations
> of operating systems, so we depend on other to report these.

Well, it's a clean Debian 3.0r0 :)

> The username restriction comes from cyrus imapd.
> There are already experimental patches to remove that limitation.
> For stability reasons we did not include them.

I know these problems, that's why I prefer Courier-IMAP.

> You still can add more mail aliases and completely use postfix
> configurability without the webinterface.

That's clear and I would do it for myself, but I can't use it for
production servers and out of our house. I can't always keep an eye on
it.

> From what you wrote above I don't see that "too buggy" statement
> supported yet. There are setup problems for the reasons outlined above,
> but once set up the server works very stable.

Well, it was a small remark in an email, I did't make a big thing of
it. You asked and I said, why I think, Kolab isn't ready for
production servers. And you wrote too: "but once set up the server
works very stable". First, this 'once' must be reached... Of course,
it's a beta, but I didn't say anything else. :)

Regards,
     - Andreas Ahlenstorf