Re[2]: [Kroupware] start-problems with kolab on SuSE 8.1

Andreas Ahlenstorf kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 19:33:13 +0100

Hello Bernhard,

> Of course we'd be interested in the bugs.

There are a few things that are already mentioned by other people. I
found it very boring fizzling out, how I've to install Kolab: In the
QIM, the dependencies are not in the right order, Apache should be
compiled with make and the makefile and not with rpm -bb apache.spec.
Another thing is gdbm, which can't be compiled without changes in de
gdbm.spec or beeing root. Another thing are all the errors during
startup (Wrong UIDs and GIDs with Postfix and so on).

I mentioned such things already before, but nobody was really
interested in it, so I gave up and didn't posted my reports to the
list.

> In waht respect did you find it too unflexible?

I'm used to use Postfix' virtual and all its options. I think, the
possibilities in the webinterface are too limited, I can't set
multiple aliases or use usernames including a point (I tried it and it
gaves an error).

I would like to use Kolab for a client's server, but now I had to set
up a normal machine with Postfix and Courier-IMAP.
I think, Kolab (and Kroupware at all) are a very good idea (because we
won't deliver Exchange-Servers anymore), but now, it's still too
buggy.
First, I think, you should fix the QIM, a lot of people are making the
same mistakes like me, because they follow your instructions, which
don't work.

Regards,
     - Andreas Ahlenstorf