AW: [Kroupware] Re: Invitation from ol problem

Bo Thorsen kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:48:09 +0100

On Friday 07 March 2003 10:43, Dohmen, Manfred wrote:
> Hello...
>
> > Looks like a bug to me, can you attach the invitation message
> > in question
> > (so that headers and everything is preserved.)
> > Note that there are many differences with OL versions (with
> > the underlaying libraries)
> > so we might find some that do not really work great.
>
> Here we go with one of the invitations in question:
>
> ----8<-----
> snip
> ---->8----

You need to configure your OL to send iCal messages. Too many things can=20
go wrong when we try to decode the tnef messages - in most cases it=20
works, but we're not making any guarantees.

> But I've got two more questions
>
> 1. When KMail shows up an invitation one can see the "original message"
> at the end. Do you want to keep this? I can already hear the users:
> "Uhm. There's this 'code-something'. I can't work with this." *G* At
> least an option to disable or enable (for debugging purposes) it, could
> make sense.

I agree on this, but it might not be changed before KDE 3.2.

> 2. When I open an invitation in a new windows by double-clicking there
> are no 'answer-buttons'. They will be there, won't they?

Hehe, I never even thought about this :-) I'm opening a bug report for=20
this in our bug tracker. I'll likely fix it before beta 6.

> Concerning my sync-problem your advice to refresh the local IMAP-cache
> manually helped, although the first time I restarted KMail after that
> the message
> ---8<---
> Der Ordner / befindet sich nicht im initialen
> Synchronisationszustand (aktueller Zustand: 12). Wollen
> Sie den Ordner in den initialen Zustand zur=FCckversetzen
> und die Synchronisation trotzdem durchf=FChren?
> --->8---
> appeared again for two times. I did not enter any new mails or whatever
> uo to that time. For now it didn't appear again.

Really? This should be impossible. Are you sure you stopped kmail=20
completely? There are some cases where kmail isn't yet stopped, so when=20
you restart it, what really happens is that it simply reopens the main=20
window. To be sure you stopped kmail, "ps aux | grep kmail" should not=20
give anything.

> Btw what is meant by
> the term 'initial synchronisation-state' and what does happen when I
> say 'yes, reset it'?

The IMAP synchronization is done in a set of states (initial, upload=20
changes, download server changes, download new subdirs etc.). When you=20
try and restart the synchronization before the last one was done, you get=20
that message. It is potentially dangerous to your local cache to restart=20
the sync. I suppose we could make a more descriptive error message for=20
this one.

Bo.

=2D --=20

     Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark