[Kroupware] KOLAB-CLIENT installation

Alexander Marx Marx-Loeck at t-online.de
Sun Jun 29 18:25:56 CEST 2003

Hi List!

After having some trouble with the server, i managed the installation.
Sending and receiving email works very fine.
Now I'm trying to install the Client...
Hm.
A few questions (I'm sorry if they were asked in the past, i couldn't
find them)

I am using Mandrake 9.1

is it right:

I have to install a Linux WITHOUT the three packages (KDE-PIM,
KDE-network, KDE-18n)
Then i have to compile the packages that provide the Client from the
download website.

????

What about the PREFIX?

under Mandrake, there's no /usr/local/kde folder
so I have to compile with:

./configure --prefix=/usr

the BIN,LIB,SHARE,... folders are in /usr, not /usr/local/kde

is this right so far?

The Server is a great piece of software!! I was very pleased to hear
from a free solution for a messaging server.
Now, some great REDMONDER have to think about their politic!

RESPECT!

Alex