[Kroupware] how to send/receive emails?

Alexander Marx Marx-Loeck at t-online.de
Sun Jun 29 08:36:37 CEST 2003

Am Sam, 2003-06-28 um 14.56 schrieb Rene Ouderling:
> Op zaterdag 28 juni 2003 14:46, schreef Alexander Marx:
> > Hi List!
> > I have a big problem.
> > So far:
> > I installed the kolab server today on a Knoppix Debian (woody)
> > After rebuilding all SRC.RPM'S and changing the start-skript as
> > described in the QIM, i managed to get the Server run.
> >
> > then i logged in as manager and added the user "testuser".
> >
> > After that, i startet another computer (LINUX Mandrake9.1) and startet
> > KMail. In KMail i set up the KOLAb Server as IMAP and SMTP SERVER and
> > created an Account "testuser.
> >
> > Then i tried to send myself an email over the kolab server. But the
> > Server said: "RELAYING DENIED" Why? the user is testuser at localhost.
> > i have no local SMTP or SENDMAIL on the MANDRAKE.
> >
> > Then i tried to send an email via telnet. the server accepted, but the
> > mail never reaches the destination.
> >
> > Am i only able to send/receive Email with a KOLAB-CLIENT?
> >
> You also have to install the client software. On www.kroupware.org there is a
> link where you can download it.

Thanx!
But....

I also did this! i even loaded the three packages and compiled them (it
took about 4 hours) on my Mandrake 9.1. At last, i tried to start the
build kmail, and it crashes every time, i try to activate the groupware
functionality.
it is the same problem, as described in another article. Seems to be a
prob with mandrake 9.1.
AND:
shouldn't it be possible to send and receive emails via normal clients?
on the lowest level (Console,telnet) i wrote an email to the server and
the server accepted the messsage, but it was not possible, to get them.
authentication works, but kolab says: no mail for user ....

Today, i'll try the pre-build packages from www.kroupware.org on my
knoppix.
And maybe even the client on another knopppix .

alex