[Kroupware] LDAP

Stephan Buys s.buys at codefusion.co.za
Wed Jun 25 12:59:47 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 11:46, Arend van Beelen wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> > Hi Arend,
> >
> > You will need to specify the Base DN (Distinguished name) which is > the
> > starting point for your search.
> >
> >  You can find the base_dn for your server in /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf
>
> OK, I set the DN settings, but I still see no entries pop
> up in KAddressBook or Outlook. Now, if I use Konqueror to
> go to ldap://192.168.101.202/dc=linux,dc=local I see three
> entries: "Shared" (the shared folder I configured), and
> "User One" and "User Two" (the two test users I set up).
> But no address book entry or something like that.

Unfortunately the addresses will not pop up in KAddressBook. You need to
click on the search button and specify some criteria there. The results can
then be imported into KAddressBook.

As for Outlook. The only way for the LDAP addresses to "pop up" is to use
the Bynari LDAP Connector (www.bynari.net). The other LDAP service also
requires you to search and then (optionally) import.

Sorry - no idea on the console error. Tried googling for the error message?

Regards,
Stephan