[Kroupware] Email client for windows

jonr at ninestar.com jonr at ninestar.com
Fri Jun 20 11:39:55 CEST 2003

>> Yes, but this is a single-user license. Jon didn't mention how many
>> users he wants to connect but $5000 sounds like a little more than 250
>> users.
>
> If he's got 250+ users, he's got $5k for migration in the budget.
> That's  still significantly less than the same number of Exchange
> licenses.
>
> [rant]As an individual I understand cost issues.  For personal use
> things  should be inexpensive.  Companies make money, they spend
> inordinate amounts  of money on all kinds of things, yet when OSS
> charges money for commercial  use it seems like some kind of heinous
> crime against humanity for some  people.  $40 per seat is _cheap_,
> people.  I'm also sure that Bynari is  willing to drop its price for
> volume licensing, as most companies  do.[/rant]
>
> Regards,
> Andrew

We are a non-profit organization that relies soley on grants to keep our
organizations running. I was also wrong in that we only needed 100 user
license. I understand the cost for people who take their time to
contribute to the open source community. I just think that the open source
alternative should not cost as much as the proprietary software.

Because we are a non-profit I have found that we can purchase Exchange
Standard for $39.00 and $2.50 per seat. These can be found at
www.compumentor.org if you are a non-profit check this site out.

Jon