[Kroupware] imapd fails to compile

Jon Reynolds jonr at ninestar.com
Thu Jun 19 18:43:26 CEST 2003

I am going through the QIM and am at the point where I am
configuring/installing the imapd portion. The QIM says to issue the
command:

	patch < kolab.patch // patch for imapd.spec file and groupfile

Where is this patch located? Is it called 'kolab.patch'? Do I have to be
in any certain directory when I run this? I would also be using the
/kolab/bin/patch command, correct?

When I run the command:

	rpm -ba imapd.spec --define 'with_groupfile_hack yes' \
	--define 'with_vhost_hack yes'

I am getting a ton of com_err.c warning/error messages then it ends with:

	make[1]: *** [com_err.o] Error 1
	make: *** [all] Error 1
	error: Bad exit status from /kolab/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.60924 (%build)
	RPM build errors:
	Bad exit status from /kolab/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.60924 (%build)

At the begining when all these errors start I am seeing these messages:

	In file included from com_err.c:54:
	/kolab/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3/include/varargs.h:4:2: #error
"GCC no longer implements <varargs.h>."
	/kolab/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3/include/varargs.h:5:2: #error
"Revise your code to use <stdarg.h>."

Then it starts with the com_err.c messages.

Is it because I tried to run this without the patch, which is what I am
hoping for. If that is the case, where is this magical patch?

Thanks for any help,

Jon