[Kroupware] Re: best distro for kroupware?

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Jun 19 12:41:36 CEST 2003

Am Donnerstag, 19. Juni 2003 11:12 schrieb Bo Thorsen:

Hi Bo,

> > I don't recommend using KDE CVS HEAD, because it's not stable enough

> Note that the RC2 packages are by now quite old. I have been wanting to
> get an RC3 out for some time now because stability and featurewise it's
> come a long way. But there seem to always be a couple of known issues I
> want to fix first.

IMHO this is a typical developer dilemma. The best rule of thumb is to me if
the new packages are not perfect but much better than RC2 already today than
it is a good idea to ship the new packages as RC3.

IMHO this is one of the differences of OSS and proprietary software. Release
often is a good thing [tm] in OSS not a bad sign of quality.

BTW: My offer to host the packages is still uptodate.

Regards,
-- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de