[Kroupware] Unable to authenticate to IMAP server

Jason A. Pattie pattieja at pcxperience.com
Tue Jun 17 17:33:34 CEST 2003

Strange.  I deleted the ~/.kde/apps/kmail|korganizer and other
directories and files associated with kmail, korganizer, kaddressbook,
etc. and now it works.  And even when I was initially setting up the
IMAP settings for the user, it put user at server.domain completely filled
out in the user field for kmail for the connection.

It looks like it's working now.

Thanks for your help.

Jason A. Pattie wrote:
> However, I am still not able to login/authenticate.  I changed all
> locations in the kmail and evolution clients for username to
> user at server.domain instead of just user.  That worked for evolution, but
> I'm still getting the same error message from kmail: "Unable to
> authenticate via PLAIN" and "Authentication failed" in a dialog popup.
>
> Martin Konold wrote:
>
>>Am Dienstag, 17. Juni 2003 21:41 schrieb Jason A. Pattie:
>>
>>Hi,
>>

>>>noticed that there is no longer a Primary UID field.  Could that
>>>potentially have anything to do with this problem?
>>

>>The uid is now identical to the primary email address (including! the
>
> email
>
>>domain)
>>
>>Regards,
>>-- martin
>>
>>Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
>>
>>e r f r a k o n
>>Erlewein, Frank, Konold & Partner - Beratende Ingenieure und Physiker
>>Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
>>fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
>>email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de

> --
> Jason A. Pattie