[Kroupware] Multiple domains

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Jun 17 09:02:27 CEST 2003

Am Montag, 16. Juni 2003 21:55 schrieb Jason A. Pattie:

Hi,

> But what about having multiple users in different domains with the same
> username?
>
> i.e., john at mydomain.com, john at yourdomain.com
>
> From my understanding, cyrus does not support the same username for
> multiple domains.  Apparently cyrus authenticates on user and strips off
> the domain, so john would be john no matter what, so I don't see it
> working.

We will have support for multi-domain incl. your example after Kolab 1.0. I
think we have a nice solution for all potential problems with a multi-domain
setup. In general we have been contracted to do a single domain solution for
the kroupware project but we will extend to multi-domain later (or sooner
when someone nicely asks us to do so)

Yours,
-- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de