[Kroupware] LDAP Adressbook schema

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-kolab at benshaw.com
Mon Jun 16 07:50:26 CEST 2003

> we are migrating more and more parts of our setup over to ldap.
> Therefore I'm looking for a ldap schema file which can cover various
> addressbook issues. I found some schemas (and I have seen you use them,
> too). However, I cannot find anything about the birthday of an user. I
> saw in your mailinglist[1] that you discussed the schema definition some
> time ago. Is there any documentation regarding the outcome? I coudn't
> find anything that would help me. I do not want to create my own
> definition, but rather use open standards, since we want to migrate
> fully away from microsoft-outlook, and kroupware is very interesting to
> us.

No help, but rather a question regarding where you find LDAP schemas.  I'm
more or less in the same boat as you.  I seem to recall an ldapschema.org
or sommat but it was very disorganized at the time.  It seems that everyone
tends to copy everyone else's schema, which tends to end up with a little
circular logic as to how things are done.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew