[Kroupware] FreeBusy + Usernames

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jun 2 16:36:29 CEST 2003

Stephan,
thanks for running tests.

On Sunday 01 June 2003 21:39, Stephan Buys wrote:
> With Kolab v 1.0 there are a few problems with Outlook 2000.
>
> 1) The freebusy user does not get created in LDAP. The problem being
> that with Outlook 2000 and proftpd the template files are still setup to
> use the user with uid=freebusy. I.e. The normal usernames cannot login
> to FTP

That is probably okay that only "freebusy" can log into ftp,
ftp is only there for legacy support.
Tassilo also told me that he fixed one bug in that area.

> 2) The e-mail usernames cannot be used within the Free/Busy URLs
> within Outlook:
>
> ie. http://myuser@domain:password@kolabserver/freebusy
>
> does not work - my guess is that Outlook gets confused by the @ in the
> username. Any ideas for a workaround?

Just talked to Tassilo:
We might go back to the freebusy user
	http://freebusy:freebusy@kolabserver/freebusy/

> 3) Would it be possible to save Free/Busy time in the format:
> user at domain.vfb ? Obviously this will have to be supported by KMail
> as well? This will allow us to copy the files between server for
> "Free/Busy" replication.

Yes this might be possible and needs testing, use
	http://freebusy:freebusy@kolabserver/freebusy/%NAME%@kolabserver.vfb