[Kroupware] installing on SuSE 8.2

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jul 30 11:29:07 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 23:35, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

> I appreciate the effort it takes to create something like Kolab.  I was
> hoping that a similar effort was not necessary to evaluate it.

We try to make the process as easy as we can.
However it is quitesome effort to have binaries for many
different distributions ready.
For this we depend on people volenteering time
(or more clients paying for packaging for specific platform).

> This is particularly why I was interested in finding the "regular" SuSE (or
> generic) RPMs for all of the kolab binary RPM's dependencies.

This is understandable and probably the cause for the missunderstanding:
"Regular" Suse RPMs are not helpful, you need "regular" OpenPKG ones.

Basically the OpenPKG already has made it a lot easier for us
to provide something that is available for several distributions.
We see that as a good thing.