[Kroupware] SuSE 8.2: compiling gcc segmentation fault

PascalBrück paxcal at web.de
Wed Jul 30 02:22:43 CEST 2003

Am Dienstag, 29. Juli 2003 23:16 schrieb Uwe Heinrich:
> Hi Martin,
>
> > Are you 100% sure that your HW is fine?
>
> Who on this world can answering  this question with "yes"? No- I'm not

Nobody, so check it. Mostly memory is damaged.
Check http://www.memtest86.com/ to test it.

Here on a K5-233/128MB RAM/256MB swap the compilation of gcc ended up in
segmentation fault too. I solved it by cleaning the heat sink of my CPU.
Compiling gcc is really hot :)

> sure, but until now I've no problem with Suse / squid / dhcpd / apache /
> samba.

Sure, this can be.

> > > I've a original Suse 8.2 on a K6-III/400 with 128 MB RAM
> > > /kolab is on it's own partition: /dev/hda4 (reiserfs)
>
> What do you suspect? Really broken hardware or do you think it's too weak?

No, your hardware is fine. Maybe you should check your swap. I bet it's the
RAM or your CPU becomes to hot. AMD is known for this issue.

:)paxcal