[Kroupware] installing on SuSE 8.2

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-kolab at benshaw.com
Tue Jul 29 18:35:09 CEST 2003

> You may calm down. Building all these rpms works rather nicely and is not
> that bad.

GCC, Perl and binutils are not lightweight compiled apps -- It may work
rather nicely for yourself but I planned on evaluating this on a system
without a compiler, and my compiler system is a P3/450 with 256M of memory
-- making compiling twenty packages a waste, _especially_ since it's not
scripted; I must babysit the compile process.

I appreciate the effort it takes to create something like Kolab.  I was
hoping that a similar effort was not necessary to evaluate it.  This is
particularly why I was interested in finding the "regular" SuSE (or
generic) RPMs for all of the kolab binary RPM's dependencies.

Regards,
Andrew