[Kroupware] installing on SuSE 8.2

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-kolab at benshaw.com
Tue Jul 29 16:11:42 CEST 2003

> Do you want to say, that you used Kolab's binary RPMs for SuSE 8.2? Where
> did you download those? I didn't find them on ftp.kde.org right now.
> Well, if you like, I could send you the proftp*.rpm which I built for
> SuSE 8.2 by email, it's about 640 KB in size.

No; I grabbed the SuSE packages and/or generic RPMs for the dependent
software for the kolab binaries.

Please do send me the proftpd RPM; I am not going to build make, binutils,
*GCC*, perl and all of these individual modules just to evaluate the damned
groupware package.  In time I may create a chrooted environment and make
that available as a download for people to test (much like exchange4linux
does) but this is simply insane to have to build this all by hand in order
to test.

> But actually I recommend you to go the source RPM way. It's easier to
> stick to the newest version.

Agreed, but not for evaluation purposes.

Regards,
Andrew