[Kroupware] IMAP-Issue, Addressbook synch

Tobias Tost tobias.tost at fh-erfurt.de
Tue Jul 29 18:15:02 CEST 2003

Hi,

Am Die, 2003-07-29 um 17.10 schrieb konold at erfrakon.de:
> > 3.) How can I "mail" with or from the imap-clients?
> Mailserver is kolab.yourdomain.de

I just gave it the name of my machine. It works so far as I cann connect
ie. from kmail or bynari now. The Fact it did not work was:
> > What are the
> > e-Mail-Adresses?
> typically firstname.lastname at yourdomain.de

I had to enter as e-Mail adress firstname.lastname . Otherwise I was not
possible to log into the imap-server

> > Shoul I tell in the User-Setup the E-Mail is i.e.
> > username at kolabsystem? or only username?
> In the web intefrace enter firstname.lastname at yourdomain.de as Email
> address.

see above.. imap-logins are not possible on my machine with
firstname.lastname at yourdomain.de.. Don't know why?! But synchronisation
doesnt work. The Bynari-Plugin creates all Folders, but there are no
messages in there. an when I try to synchronize the Contacts-Folder, I
am told that it's not possible to create a folder due to access
limitations, so I have to create it as an INBOX-Subdirectory. But its
empty, also.

What could be the Problem? ACLs?