[Kroupware] Debugging Sieve

Tassilo Erlewein tassilo.erlewein at erfrakon.de
Thu Jul 24 15:20:42 CEST 2003

On Donnerstag, 24. Juli 2003 11:52, Stephan Buys wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am busy troubleshooting the Vacation functionality on a Kolab server.
> Any tips on where the best place is to start? I am using the Kolab 1.0
> packages.
> Is there a specific logfile to check?

timsieved has a logfile under /kolab/var/imapd/log/

> How does one authenticate to the sivtest program (and what commands
> are good to test with?)

e. g. sivtest -u uid -a uid -w pass <server ip>
AFAIK sivtest is only good to test the authentication. You can't use
it to upload scripts etc.

A good tool to start with may also be sieveshell

Sometimes I do heavy debugging of single cyrus daemons.
Therefore I modify cyrus.conf to prefork a process of the relevant
service and attach later with strace -p <pid>. Then I can somewhat
see what the daemon does for incoming connections.

regards,

Tassilo