[Kroupware] InsightConnector versions

Arend van Beelen jr. arend at auton.nl
Thu Jul 24 00:56:42 CEST 2003

Martin Konold wrote:

>Am Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2003 18:07 schrieb Arend van Beelen jr.:
>
>Hi,
>
>>nsightConnector 2.0:
>>- Moving of folders (probably with subfolders) can give
>>trouble. Reports "You do not have access to rename
>>folders.". Bynari says this is an incompatibility because
>>of Kolab not supporting ACL.
>>

>This is technically incorrect. Kolab does support ACLs. Anything else would be
>a bug in Kolab.

Here is exactly what was told me:

Hi Arend,

This issue is caused by the Kolab Mail Server, or more specifically,
incompatibilities between the mail server and the Insight Connector.
The Kolab mail server doesn't have any way of setting permissions on
the mail folder on the server.

Insight Server will allow permissions (Access Control List) on IMAP
folders, thus you wouldn't see this issue.  Kolab may or may not have
an upgrade or add on for adding ACLs.

We will go ahead and close this ticket at this time. If you need
further assistance, please e-mail the alias support at bynari.net.

Thanks,

Robin

[arend at auton.nl - Thu Jul 10 07:12:20 2003]:

--
Arend van Beelen jr.
http://www.liacs.nl/~dvbeelen

"Old love lies deep, you said. Deeper shall be the wound between your legs."
- Nightwish