[Kroupware] OpenGroupware release is a success for the Kroupware Project

WIm Bakker wim at unetix.nl
Tue Jul 22 14:05:59 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 09:01, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Freitag, 18. Juli 2003 04:11 schrieb Martin Konold:
>
> Hi Wim,

> > Please download the new kolab rpm from
> >
> > 	http://www.erfrakon.de/projects/kolab/download/testing/
> >
> > Please note that the shared folder has a full email address as name!
>
> Any success sofar? Did it solve your problem?
>
> Regards,
> -- martin

Hai,

Yes, I tested it today , and now it works , when I give a folder
a name like <folder_name>@<domain> , I can send mail to it.
When I give a folder a name without the @<domain> part , it
can only be used as a folder on the server. This is quite good
actually. I think my problem was in the fact that for a shared
folder to be addressable by e-mail , it has to have a name
like <folder_name>@<domain> , this was in kolab-beta2.1 not
necessary. The new situation is actually better, because a folder
which name does not end in @<domain> is not addressable
by e-mail and is clearly distinct from the shared folders that do and
are used as mailgroups,allso in the viewing pane. Great, really great.
In general the whole functioning and stability of kolab-1.0 is much better
than beta-2.1. Deleting of users gives feedback in the administration
interface that it's busy cleaning up. Shared folders that get deleted
in the administration interface get actually deleted , that wasn't allways
the case in beta-2.1, the whole server seems to react more snappier.
All tested with client from kde-3.2 (the cvs version).

Sincerely
Wim Bakker