[Kroupware] OpenGroupware release is a success for the Kroupware Project

Wim Bakker w.a.bakker at planet.nl
Wed Jul 16 19:57:37 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 08:03, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 16. Juli 2003 00:49 schrieb Wim Bakker:
>
> Hi,
>
> > mailgroups is important functionality, didn't expect that kolab-1.0
> > wouldn't offer the workaround through shared folders anymore.
>
> I agree with you, actually it was not known to me that shared folders don't
> work anymore. What gave you the impression that shared folders are removed
> from the feature list of the Kolab server?

Hai,

Shared folders are fully functional, only they are no longer valid
email addresses anymore. As explained , I could for instance
create a shared folder in the management web interface, add a
few users as valid for that folder , give them the permissions they
need , and use that as a mailgroup. e.g :
create folder info and info@<my domain> could be used as a mailgroup,
and e.g. set in the specific users reply-to in the mail-client info@<my
domain>, very conveniant, but that doesn't work anymore , if I create a
shared folder now, users that are given access see the folder as:
email address anymore, so no mailgroup <folder name>@<my domain>.
They can use the shared folder though, put messages in it or whatever
but that's not the same.
I have to find a way now that the kolab administrator can create an
email account , and see to it that its mailbox gets shared with valid users
with specific permissions like read, write, append etc. , in the web
interface. That account is not a regular user though, with a first name and
last name and such, it's a general mailbox, kolab offers no real option
to create something like that.

WB