[Kroupware] Minor SASL bug

s.buys at icon.co.za s.buys at icon.co.za
Wed Jul 16 16:36:56 CEST 2003

Hi,

I would recommend that in saslauthd.conf.template we set
the value:

#ldap_scope: <sub|one|base>

ldap_scope: one

As all our users are always created directly beneath the base_dn this will prevent
conflicts with objects in other parts of the tree.

You can see the error condition by creating a Address Book entry similar to that of a user
on the system (ie, same name, same e-mail address).

After you create that address book entry you will not be able to connect to the mailbox of
similar credentials. To resolve this you can set saslauthd.conf to the value mentioned
above and the error will not occur anymore.

Regards,
Stephan