[Kroupware] OpenGroupware release is a success for the Kroupware Project

Wim Bakker w.a.bakker at planet.nl
Tue Jul 15 21:35:33 CEST 2003

On Monday 14 July 2003 19:48, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> To explain this a bit further:
> We've put the priority to quality control the software
> and the collaboration with the community over PR.
> To have a stable and powerful product is the best PR somebody could have.
>
> Naturally we should start collecting more good experiences
> people have made with Kolab already. Anybody feels like
> contributing success stories? :)
>
> 	Bernhard

Hi,
I Agree to the above, the success of the kroupware project
depends on the fact if it works , and it works.
As far as success stories go , I have one customer who
would have liked to have exchange functionality , but not if
it wasn't available as a linux server, and he agreed to be our
testbed, and he is reasonably happy with it , actually evrything
he wanted , and he wanted only basic groupware functionality,
existed in the kolab-beta2.1 , which he runs now, so he is happy.
Does that count as a success story? Allso I need to convert
him to kolab-1.0 , which I still have to work out how to do, because
a lot has changed since beta2.1 , less of a success story still because
in beta2.1 I could use shared folders as mailgroups , that doesn't seem
to work anymore, so I don't know how to solve that in kolab-1.0. Anybody?

TIA
Wim Bakker