[Kroupware] OpenGroupware.org formed through SKYRiX open sourcing its Groupware server

Helge Hess helge.hess at skyrix.com
Sun Jul 13 02:38:00 CEST 2003

On Donnerstag, 10. Juli 2003, at 17:17 Uhr, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> I personally think the advantage KOLAB will have over these other
> approaches
> with a database is that imap can server files FAST.  I mean thats what
> an
> email server is built to do.

Very true.

> Databases where never ment for large blobs of
> data like email and vcal events.

VCal events, unlike email, are certainly not large blobs but fit rather
very well into a database table ?!

The major advantage of the Kolab design is that it avoids locking at
the cost of losing object identity. This has functional drawbacks but
improves scalability.

best regards,
   Helge
--